Monday, October 30, 2006

The Freetarian, a.k.a. Sean "Val Venis" Morley

My buddy, Sean Morley, has a new blog up-and-running. It's called the Freetarian. You can also check out his YouTube site here.

I met Morley a couple of years ago when he lived in Canada. He and I were both members of the Ontario Libertarian Party, and I was busy working for my campus newspaper, the Queen's University Journal. At the time, Features editor Erik Missio had a big thing for the World Wrestling Federation (now World Wrestling Entertainment). Sean Morley was (and is) "Val Venis" of the WWE.

We got in touch through the Party, and I interviewed him about politics for The Journal. He turned out to be an awesome guy. Real down-to-earth, intelligent, and funny.

We kept bumping into one another here and there (actually, I would drive down to his house and visit, he did live about twenty minutes from my home), until he left for Phoenix, Arizona. Alas.

It's good to know he is still keen on liberty, and still fighting the good fight, even if it isn't where the fight should be fought--in Canada. Where libertarians are multiplying every day!

Anyways, check out his blog. And watch him wrestle.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

I can only assume Morley will eventually see the error in his ways, return to Canada, and devote his life to suplexing statist politicians. If he's coming to Wrestlemania in April we've got a few over here in Windsor I'd like to put on his list.

12:15 p.m.  
Blogger Mike Matteson said...

Peter,

How the hell you been, boy? I haven't heard from you in a while. I was watching the fight in the UFC between Cote and Lutter tonight and I was thinking aboat you. ;-)

Drop me a line one of these days. It's been interesting to bring the light of libertarianism to TN, but I miss BG.

1:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home