Monday, August 28, 2006

National Newswatch?

Nealenews was the news aggregator for me. I checked it daily. I was a bit upset when Brian Neale decided to pack it in. Not only was the layout superior to Bourque's, I also tended to click through more links on Nealenews as compared to Bourque. Neale's choices were better, near as I could tell, especially for someone like me. Part of the reason for this was his decision to link to blogs ahead of Bourque, and to include sources like the Western Standard.

Nealenews will be missed. In its wake comes the National Newswatch. Hopefully it will do a similarly good job of aggregating the news, so that I don't have to. But the layout really has to change...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good effort, Peter.

I like it and I wish you well.

You're bookmarked and I'll post an entry tomorrow to let people know.

Take care...

5:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't being "smart" in the previous entry. I thought you had created it.

Nevermind -- I'll let people know but it's too bad that that the site author hasn't identified himself.

Later...

5:35 p.m.  
Blogger P. M. Jaworski said...

No worries, Jack. I just haven't the inclination to put something like a news aggregator together, although I sometimes wish I did...

10:49 p.m.  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Yeah, I looked up National Newswatch. It looks like it has potential. There is also a forum to go along with it. They're taking suggestions on design at this time.

3:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home