Thursday, January 25, 2007

Regina Spektor

If you haven't listened to Regina Spektor's new album, you should. Really.

The videos available on her site are of her better songs on that album. It's haunting, and it's lovely. Especially her voice.

I have her other albums, but I'm not sure I like them as much. This album seems to have more of a pop sensibility, while the other albums are more playful and anti-folk with the unfortunate consequence that the songs seem not to mean much apart from the frivolousness of fleeting emotions.

But she's good. Great.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Professor, it warms my cockles to see you on the InterWeb! Drop ol' Quincey a line, if you like
( www.grizzlygym.com )

Yours As Ever And Always...

2:37 p.m.  
Blogger P. M. Jaworski said...

The Math Librarian... You are awesome. Any of your actual fights available on the net? I'd like to see them. I'll shoot you a message. Glad you got in touch with me, I've got plenty to talk about...

Professor.

4:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alas, copyright issues recently spelled the end of Math Librarian violence on YouTube. Looking forward to hearing from you, and just remember kids, be a smartie, visit your local library!

Enemies of the Math Librarian, knoweth this well: You're just the average, but I'm the mean!

( I'm full of them )

4:39 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good call on that album. I've been looking for something new to listen to.

And oh my. Those math jokes are delightfully terrible.

10:00 a.m.  
Blogger Mike Matteson said...

Pete,
I heard a Spektor song on Sirius the other day, and I must say that you've gone soft. You were listening to metal when I left BG. What's happened?

1:40 p.m.  
Blogger P. M. Jaworski said...

Dude, nothing happened my man. Just now I'm listening to Type O Negative, for instance. It's just that my musical pallette is refined and broad and is sensitive to what makes for truly good music across genres. Ha.

But, yes, if I could only spend money on one genre, I would spend it on heavy shit.

1:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home