Thursday, February 03, 2005

Mandela in London


Mandela in London
Originally uploaded by piotrek.
I went to see Nelson Mandela at Trafalgar Square today. He didn't say anything that was surprising. Said some things about 'trade justice,' but didn't give any indication as to what that might mean. He said he would like to see us get rid of poverty but, other than ask for more money, didn't say exactly how we'll accomplish this. As you can see by the photo, it drew a huge crowd, and got some press. And in case that link doesn't work tomorrow or the day after, here's a good one, and here's the CBC's.

Empty platitudes didn't stop me from telling some lady with a microphone that I thought it great to be in the Square with Mandela speaking. I'm sure I said something lame like, "he's a world historical individual," or some other Hegelian nonsense along those lines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home